Bursting with flavor, July’s recipe from 300 Bakery Pastry Chef Terri Wu is an ode to sweet seasonal fruit, and is a treat to enjoy all summer long!
3.5 lb peaches, sliced
2.5 cups blackberries
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1.25 cup all purpose flour
¾ cup turbinado sugar
5 tbsp butter, cold & cubed
¼ tsp salt
method for streusel
Place all ingredients in a food processor and grind until it will hold together when pressed in your hand.
method for filling
- Whisk the cornstarch, sugar, and salt together. Set aside.
- Peel Peaches.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut an ‘X’ on the blossom end of each peach, just through the skin, not the fruit. Blanch 6 – 8 peaches at a time for about 30 seconds, (1 min for not so ripe fruit). Shock immediately in ice water. Make sure the water comes back to a boil between batches. Peel the skin off the peaches
- Cut the peeled peaches in wedges about ½ inch and toss with lemon juice.
- Toss peaches, blackberries, and dries together gently. Fill 8 – 4oz oven-proof ramekins almost to the top with peach blackberry filling. Top with streusel.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.